Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day and 39 Weeks

Chef's Special for Valentine's Day
Jenn and Abbie Rose's Dessert of the Day (we did share with Mike!)
39 Weeks

For our last Valentine's Day as just us 2, we celebrated at home together just in case Abbie Rose decided to make her appearance. We cooked a scrumptious dinner of papaya salsa orange roughy and sweet potato surprise! It was a delicious caribbean style meal that hit the spot. I'd requested a TCBY ice cream cake for a dessert treat and it was wondrous also. Mike and I love cooking together, he's the chef and I'm his assistant because he's much better at it than me!
Abbie's made it to 39 weeks in my belly! It's been 5 weeks since her little trick of trying to come early. We just can't believe it's been that long, though it does feel like time's crept by and been an eternity since 34 weeks when she gave us a scare.
I had my weekly doctor's appointment last Thursday and the plan is to be induced Wednesday, February 25th if Abbie doesn't come before then. We are praying she will come before then because I, especially, prefer for her to come in her own and God's timing without medication to help her along on her journey. So in 4 days at the most, we'll be holding a precious baby girl in our arms who we've prayed for and anticipated for so long it seems!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am so impressed with your husband's cooking abilities! That plate looks delicious! :) Wow, 39 weeks...sounds familiar! I couldn't believe I had to be induced after all that bedrest either. Maybe she will come tonight instead! :) I can't wait to hear the news when she arrives and be SURE to post pictures asap! Good luck and I will be keeping you guys in my prayers!

My Blog List

About Me

I'm from ATL origninally, lived in Nashville for 10 yrs to get an education, be blessed by close friendships in college and grad school, and for God to cross my life's path with my wonderful husband, Mike. God's lead us to a surrounding area of Memphis TN, Lakeland, to live, start a family and have Him turn our lives upside down with deeper revelation of who He is!

background

Great Reads

  • The True Vine by Andrew Murray
  • Love Not The World by Watchman Nee
  • Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
  • Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
  • Calvary Road by Roy Hession