Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BedRest Countdown

It's been a mostly uneventful pregnancy until Abbie Rose attempted to enter this world 6 weeks too soon last Friday! Her due date is February 27 and I was thinking "she may come a couple weeks early at the most" but little did we know she had other intentions as of a few days ago! After a night in the hospital, lots of medicine( which did anything but work by the way, it only sped up my labor), and lots of prayers we walked out of the hospital Saturday morning with doctors orders for bedrest with bathroom privileges only! We were so relieved the labor miraculously stopped by God's providence and know He deserves all the glory as the doctors were baffled that the medicines that were supposed to stop the labor actually sped it up and then it stopped when they took me off the medicines! Leave it to Abbie to keep us on our toes already! So now we are home and much more prepared than we were Friday for her arrival, in case she tries to pull that one on us again! Mike's been so great about doing EVERYTHING! He's packed Abbie's bag, mine and his bags, and the car so we are ready when it's officially time. I must admit I'm already tired of bedrest and it's only been 5 days but it will all be worth it when we get to hold our sweet baby girl in our arms. We covet your prayers during this time for Abbie's growth, health, and safety until she enters this world and for my sanity on bedrest!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Sooooo glad you started one! You are in my prayers of course!!! Hope the time passes quickly:)

Rachel Wentling said...

I now see we can leave comments. :) You can call me any time you are bored and need some entertainment! You are doing an awesome job!

Hollee said...

Jenn...I'm glad you started a blog. Bedrest is a total bore...but in a few short weeks you'll be wishing you could sit around a sleep. I started playing Guitar Hero during my bedrest. Just try to find things to keep your mind busy...beyond just watching tv. :D

My Blog List

About Me

I'm from ATL origninally, lived in Nashville for 10 yrs to get an education, be blessed by close friendships in college and grad school, and for God to cross my life's path with my wonderful husband, Mike. God's lead us to a surrounding area of Memphis TN, Lakeland, to live, start a family and have Him turn our lives upside down with deeper revelation of who He is!

background

Great Reads

  • The True Vine by Andrew Murray
  • Love Not The World by Watchman Nee
  • Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
  • Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
  • Calvary Road by Roy Hession