Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mini Shower for Abbie Rose


Sweet watermelon outfits for Abbie Rose

Pam, me, and Shannon

A shower for Abbie Rose had been planned at work today for a month or so, but we were unable to make it for obvious reasons! So.....my boss, Pam, and my student, Shannon brought the shower to me! It snowed here in Memphis today so others weren't able to come because kids were out of school, so it was a mini shower. They came with an abundance of gifts from my co-workers that was overwhelming and such a blessing! They also brought yummy pineapple and some frozen food for after Abbie comes, so thoughtful. This was the first shower Mike got to come to also, instead of just coming at the end to help pack the car with gifts received. He wrote down who each gift was from and did a great job, with a little guidance from us girls. We were overwhelmed with people's generosity and Abbie and I felt very special and loved. It was a great time and such a treat to have company to catch up and celebrate Abbie Rose with.

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

I'm from ATL origninally, lived in Nashville for 10 yrs to get an education, be blessed by close friendships in college and grad school, and for God to cross my life's path with my wonderful husband, Mike. God's lead us to a surrounding area of Memphis TN, Lakeland, to live, start a family and have Him turn our lives upside down with deeper revelation of who He is!

background

Great Reads

  • The True Vine by Andrew Murray
  • Love Not The World by Watchman Nee
  • Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
  • Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
  • Calvary Road by Roy Hession