Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Excitement





We had a great, busy weekend of preparing for Abbie Rose's arrival! My parents took a road trip to see us and help us out tremendously instead of us going to Atlanta for the shower for Abbie that had been planned, but is now postponed til after she arrives due to my bedrest. We hit the ground running Saturday morning......Mike painted a chest of drawers, that was in my nursery, in our freezing cold garage as I sat with my feet up providing moral support and freezing along with him! Once Mom and Dad arrived we made a plan for the day. Mom and Mike headed out with several lists in hand ready to tackle Baby's R Us, Hobby Lobby, and several other stores. After several phone calls back to me at home with various questions, they arrived back home with a car full of stuff in only 2.5 hours, I was shocked. Mike walked right in the door just in time to see the last minute of the Memphis Tigers basketball game! I think he planned that but he promises he didn't.
The rest of the evening consisted of a delicious dinner cooked up by Chef Mike for Mom, Dad, Amy, Taylor, and I and then hard work to put together the bassinet, crib, bedding, washing numerous loads of laundry, etc. I begged to go upstairs just 1 time to see the nursery after they finished but I had to be satisfied with them taking pictures for me to look at, as they all did a good job of enforcing the bedrest rules!
Mom and Dad hit the road this morning after Mike filled us all up with delicious two-grain spiced pancakes and bacon. Soon after they left he offered to carry me up the stairs to see the nursery! It was truly the treat and highlight of my day! It was a hilarious sight to see I'm sure but thankfully no one was here with us to see it. I just sat in the rocking chair, of Mike's grandmother's, in Abbie Rose's nursery and reveled in the moment, just beside myself with excitement. Mike got the curtain up in the nursery while I watched and rested.

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

I'm from ATL origninally, lived in Nashville for 10 yrs to get an education, be blessed by close friendships in college and grad school, and for God to cross my life's path with my wonderful husband, Mike. God's lead us to a surrounding area of Memphis TN, Lakeland, to live, start a family and have Him turn our lives upside down with deeper revelation of who He is!

background

Great Reads

  • The True Vine by Andrew Murray
  • Love Not The World by Watchman Nee
  • Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
  • Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
  • Calvary Road by Roy Hession